Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Mandala me


“If her own life was that carefully described pencil line, 
she knew it all at once that the two ends were drawing close together. 
I have come full circle, she told herself, and wondered what had happened to all the years. 
It was a question, which from time to time, caused her some anxiety 
and left her fretting with a dreadful sense of waste.”

-- Rosamunde Pilcher

Self portrait 5-8-13

“I have begun to wonder where I came from. 
The person I am now, this fumbling, stumbling supplicant ... 
was I built on the foundations of my old life, 
or did I rise from the grave a blank slate? 
How much of me is inherited, 
and how much is my own creation?”

-- Isaac Marion, Warm Bodies

“Learning without reflection is a waste. Reflection without learning is dangerous.”

-- Confucius