Friday, July 26, 2013

Because I can, that's why



“If I have to face the end of human existence,
 I want to look totally smoking when it happens. 
Now shut the hell up.”
 
-- Angeline Trevena, Fifty Shades of Decay
 


Zombie Barbie 7-26-13


 “The pretty ones are usually unhappy. 
They expect everyone to be enamored of their beauty.”

-- J. Cornell Michel, Jordan's Brains: A Zombie Evolution




Yesterday there were cement workers tearing up my backyard, ripping out my plants, breaking up my patio with skid-steers and very loud saws and jack-hammers.

When the dust and smoke cleared, the yard was in ruins.

My patio is now a vast expanse of gray gravel and stone.
The once-lush view out my window has turned grim and kind of post-apocalyptic.

Like a wasteland.

Wreckage.

So ...
The way I see it, when life gives you post-apocalyptic wreckage, the only logical thing to do is to complete the picture by making a naked zombie to lurch across the lifeless wasteland.

Right?

And not just any zombie.
A Barbie Zombie.

Because the way I also see it, when life gives you post-apocalyptic wreckage and an abundance of thrift store Barbies, the only other logical thing to do is sacrifice one of those Barbies and make a zombie with absurdly unrealistic female proportions, so that the other zombies feel fat and ugly.



In the spirit of giving credit where it's due, thanks to The Zombie Apocalypse http://zombieapocalypsecrafts.blogspot.com/ for helping me with this idea, and for some super tips and other fun zombie crafts!