Thursday, July 18, 2013

Eye-eye-eye eye of the Zombie!


"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses and eye,
then it's just fun you can't see."

-- James Hetfield


Zombie self portrait 7-18-13



 "The eye altering, alters all."

-- William Blake


 
Zombie self portrait (2) 7-18-13


"I look very different on camera compared with how I do in real life.
On camera, I look my best when everything is enhanced,
especially my eyes."

-- Martine McCutcheon


Zombie self-portrait (3) 7-18-13


 "I have scary eyes ...
I remember coming home from school and asking my mum
if I could get an eye transplant, 
and of course she declined."

-- Tim Ferriss


Hoo! Oooooh!

Shadows on the mountain, and the night begins to fall;
Gather up the children, 'fore the darkness takes us all.
Tribe has come together, standin' naked against the night;
Twenty feet from the fire, the evil waits with zombie eyes.

Eye-eye-eye eye of the Zombie!
Eye-eye-eye eye of the Zombie!

-- John Fogerty,  "Eye of the Zombie"



OK, OK.

I promise.

Not every post and portrait is going to be about my stupid twitchy eye.

But it is my blog, so I'm afraid you'll have to indulge me for at least a little bit while I deal with it.

Because if you haven't already noticed by now, that's how I cope. It's how I deal with stuff. By making pictures of it.

A couple people have told me that, from the outside, my eye twitch isn't that noticeable.

I don't believe them.

Because from the inside, it feels like it's flapping and flopping all over my face like a bloody, dangling zombie eyeball. Well, maybe it's not that bad, but I'm exercising my artistic license here to make a point.

Did I mention that it's my blog?

Also, can I just say that when it's too hot to be outside, you might want to try making yourself up like a zombie!
It's a fun indoor Summertime activity the whole family can enjoy.
Although there is something even more fun about making yourself up like a zombie when the whole family is off working, or watching TV, or drinking iced tea, or whatever families do when it's too hot to be outside.
.
Because then you have a fun little zombie secret to keep in your pocket all day.