Sunday, February 3, 2013

Face off

Meet the Helmeted Sheep.

Helmeted sheep 2-3-13
Football is kind of a big deal at my house. We dig it. Somewhere along the way we acquired four of these little foam rubber sheep (from our local hospital's sleep lab, I think). And somewhere else along the way we bought them a complete set of NFL mini helmets. So on any given Sunday (or Thursday, or Monday) the sheep suit up in opposing team helmets and face off in front of the flat screen. After the game, the losing sheep gets knocked onto its side and the victorious sheep stands on top of it -- menacingly, tauntingly -- for the rest of the week. So don't let their sweet little faces fool you. They are fiercely competitive. I'd even go so far as to call them bloodthirsty.

Helmeted sheep 2-3-13
In honor of Superbowl Sunday, the sheep are rocking their respective Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco '49ers team helmets. Personally, I don't really care who wins. In keeping with my self-destructive tendencies, I'm an Eagles fan.