Thursday, February 28, 2013

Shiny and new

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good.

And this old world is a new world
And a bold world
For me
And I'm feeling good.
-- Nina Simone, "Feeling Good"

Self portrait 2-28-13



I have been "spring cleaning" my life a little bit recently ... dragging some pretty heavy and ripe personal garbage to the curb. Definitely necessary. Very definitely difficult. But the lightness I'm feeling is too good to want to go back. And now that it's out there, I definitely don't want to drag that shit back up the psychological and emotional driveway. No way. Not when I'm feeling so shiny and new. I'm even sleeping better! And nothing burns off the cold depressing fog of a bleak February morning like a good night's sleep.

Also, I got a new latex rubber D.A. wig. I mean, why wouldn't I be feeling good?

No comments:

Post a Comment