Saturday, April 6, 2013

Humor me

“Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light.”
                                                                                        -- Groucho Marx 


Self portrait 4-6-13

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
                                                                                  -- Maya Angelou

Self portrait (2) 4-6-13
I don't care how pretty you are.
I don't care how much money you make.
I don't care what you drive.
I don't care what you wear.
I don't care who you know.
I don't care what you do.
I don't care what you're worth.
I  don't care what you drink.
I don't care where you came from.
I don't care where you're going.
I don't care if you fancy girls, or boys, or both, or neither.
I don't care what you believe in.
I don't care if you don't believe in anything.
All I really care about is if you have a sense of humor.
Be it big, brassy, wry, subtle, droll, searing, intellectual, whatever -- 
If you can laugh with me, I'm sure to like you.
If you can laugh at yourself, we'll get along all the better.
Life is hard enough, serious enough, and painful enough already.
If we didn't laugh, we'd probably just cry our eyes out. 
So how about you turn that frown upside-down.
Come on.
Humor me.
I'm totally serious.