Saturday, December 21, 2013

Tangled up in b'loons


"We know that we come from the winds, and that we shall return to them;
that all of life is perhaps a knot, a tangle, a blemish in the eternal smoothness.
But why should this make us unhappy?
Let us rather love one another, and work and rejoice.
I don't believe in this world of sorrow."

-- E.M. Forster, A Room With a View


Smiley face balloon Medusa with smiley face balloon snakes hair 12-21-13

"Straightaway I was 'ware
So weeping, how a mystic Shape did move 
Behind me, and drew me backward by the hair,
And a voice said in mastery, while I strove ...
'Guess now who holds thee!' -- 'Death,' I said, but there,
The silver answer rang ... 'Not Death, but Love.'"

-- Elizabeth Barret Browing,  
Sonnets from the Portuguese 1: "I Thought how Theocritus" 


"Amarantha sweet and fair,
Ah, braid no more that shining hair!
As my curious hand or eye,
Hovering round thee let it fly."

-- Richard Lovelace, 
"Song to Amarantha, that she would Dishevel her Hair"



Happiest Medusa ever.