Friday, December 27, 2013

Endgame


"The feeling is less like an ending than just another starting point."

-- Chuck Palahniuk, Choke



Self portrait 12-27-13


 "Everything comes to an end.
A good bottle of wine, a summer's day, a long-running sitcom,
one's life, and eventually our species.
The question for many of us is not that everything will come to an end but when.
And can we do anything vaguely useful until it does?"

-- Jasper Fforde, The Woman Who Died a Lot



I'm feeling the end of the year bearing down upon me, and with it, the end of this 365 days project.

I always have mixed feelings as I face the end -- sadness, loss, joy, peace, fear, excitement, irritation -- the usual emotional cocktail.

But this time around, mostly what I feel is deep and immense gratitude for a project that became a lifeline during a very difficult and challenging year.

As I finish out the next four days, I have to make a decision:
Take a break and finally catch up on my ironing?
Or do another 365 project?
And if so, what?
Make more faces?
Make something different?

Waiting for inspiration to strike as the year winds down and the clock ticks.