Wednesday, December 18, 2013

You must have been a beautiful baby


"There was a little girl,
Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good,
She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid."

-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, "There Was A Little Girl"



Medusa's baby picture 12-18-13



"Beware of her fair hair, for she excels 
All women in the magic of her locks;
And when she winds them round a young man's neck,
She will not ever set him free again."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe




OK, so I have a couple more Medusas to get out of my system before my 365 days project draws to a close. So please indulge me.

Today is Medusa's baby picture. And I know, I know, that mythologically speaking, when Medusa was a baby it was way before she had her hair turned to snakes by mean old Athena. I am fully aware that she didn't get her first slither-perm until she was all grown up.

But like I said, please indulge me.

Cuz Dude, I have been at this for 352 days now. 

If I want to pretend Medusa had snaky little hissing curls baby curls, well, then, that's what I'mma do. 

Cut me some damn slack.