Monday, January 28, 2013

Nothing with a face?

Fish face!
(With apologies to all the vegans.)

Fish face 1-28-13
This guy was dinner, but not until I made him and his buddies submit to a (humane) photo shoot. They are rainbow trout, caught (not by me) this summer in the spring-fed river that runs through the Rockwell Springs Trout Club in Clyde, Ohio
 
I guess if I had to classify what kind of eater I am, I'd say primarily (but not rigidly) Pescetarian. Pescetarianism is like vegetarianism, except it includes fish and other seafood, but not the flesh of other animals. (Pescetarianism is not like Presbyterianism, however. Presbyterianism is a Calvinistic branch of Protestant Christianity, and I don't know what they eat.)

Anyway, with a couple of avid fishermen living in my house, I am lucky enough to get some of the freshest, tastiest fish around. And these guys were definitely tasty fresh.

Fish faces 1-28-13