Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sometimes I wonder

Is it art? Does anybody else care? If I do it, does it make a difference? What if I don't do it?
Is it like that tree in the woods that falls with nobody there to hear it? Does it make a sound or doesn't it? Does anybody feel the solid thud, like a body blow to the solar plexus, from the impact of it colliding with the Earth?
I don't know much, but I know for sure that making art is something I care about. And it makes a difference to me. I also know that if I don't do it, it makes the wrong kind of difference. And when someone I trust says my images made her "feel the things I'm afraid to feel," I know I will keep going.
If this blog is the metaphorical woods, I hope there are others who hike through from time to time and survey the fallen trees and feel things and think things because they took the time to stop and see.

Self portrait 1-10-13

No comments:

Post a Comment