Sunday, August 11, 2013

Big bangs theory


"My hair is a wild, untamable beast! 
I like letting it grow; 
my bangs grow whatever way they want and I kind of follow their rule. 
So side bangs, poof bangs -- 
it's kind of unpredictable."

-- Victoria Legrand


Bull face 8-11-13




"#1487: Hug a cow."


-- H. Jackson Brown Jr., 
The Complete Life's Little Instruction Book


I'm feeling a little bit badass because I got chased off some property getting this face.

Not by the bull, but by the owner, or whoever shouted "Hey! You wanna git off the proppity!" at me from the widowless, seemingly abandoned house looming on the corner near the bull pen.

I wasn't doing anything wrong. Although, I guess I was technically trespassing.

Anyway. I left quietly. I'm no rabble-rouser.
Besides, I already had the images I needed. 
No need to make a fuss.

I drive past this guy pretty regularly on my motorcycle rides. I always look to see if he's out. His was the first face I thought of when I needed to test fire my new camera. So I took a little field trip.

Even though this beast could easily gore me with his giant horns, and even though we were mere inches away from each other with just a weathered, rickety split-rail fence between us, he seemed pretty un-riled by my presence. He just munched his hay and looked gently at me through his adorable curly bangs.

I wish I could say the same for his owner.