Sunday, August 25, 2013

Faced food


"Spontaneity is a meticulously prepared art."

-- Oscar Wilde


Impromptu desktop collage 8-25-13

"It's such a stupid question, in my opinion.
I mean, how do you know what you're doing to do till you do it?
The answer is, you don't.
I think I am, but how do I know?
I swear it's a stupid question."

-- J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye


"I went into a McDonald's yesterday and said, 'I'd like some fries.' 
The girl at the counter said, 'Would you like some fries with that?'"

-- Jay Leno


Sometimes I need a well-prepared gourmet meal.

And sometimes I crave drive-thru fast food.

I'm the same when it comes to faces.

Sometimes I spend a lot of time creating, planning and executing a particular portrait.

And sometimes I am more spontaneous and just sort of wing it -- I grab something quick without too much thought or preparation.

Today's face is "fast food", right down to the French fries.

OK. Now I want French fries.