Saturday, November 16, 2013

Casual Friday


"A squirrel is just a rat with a cuter outfit."

-- Sarah Jessica Parker

Self portrait 11-16-13

casual Friday
noun
"Friday designated as a day on which employees are allowed to dress less formally than on other workdays."

-- Dictionary.com


So, maybe I packed a jam sandwich and a thermos of decaf and spent my Friday lunch hour enjoying a lovely fall day a the park.

Self portrait (2) 11-16-13
Wearing a squirrel suit.

Then again, maybe I didn't.
But maybe I did.
Probably I did. 
OK. I did.
I definitely ate lunch at the park.

It was the end of the week and I was feeling a little squirrelly. Besides, it was casual Friday, so.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

According to the Merriam-Webster online dictionary, "squirrelly" is an adjective that means:

1. Tending to move around a lot
2. Very odd, silly or foolish

Guilty as charged, your Honor.

This park is a common ground area in the middle of my neighborhood. There are swings, a merry-go-round, a slide, tennis and basketball courts, and the whole thing is surrounded by houses.

I was in the park for about half an hour, in full squirrel regalia, doing my thing.

Nobody noticed. Or if they did, nobody cared.

I think it's because I blended in so well with my surroundings. Squirrels can do that.