Friday, November 15, 2013

Accentuate the positive


"Your soul has a natural taste aversion towards negativity.
It will not let you swallow it.
Spit it out!"

-- Dodinsky


Self portrait 11-15-13

"A strong, positive self-image is the
best possible preparation for success."

-- Joyce Brothers


"Just because I'm sassy and have a mouth on me 
doesn't mean I'm coming from a negative place."

-- Ke$ha



I own two Polaroid cameras.
One was given to me.
My other one cost $1.99 at the thrift store.
This is my $1.99 one. You can even see the little blue price tag on top.

The cameras may have been cheap, but the film for them is super duper expensive and tricky to find. Places keep it in super secret back rooms so people don't steal it. It's like the holy grail of film. When I find some, I buy lots.

The cool thing about a Polaroid image (besides being "instant") is that there's no negative. The pictures are all about a chemical reaction. A Polaroid spits out positive images all day long.

For about $4 a print.

But I'm not complaining. 

This is about Polaroid pictures, so nothing negative.