Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Twofer Tuesday



"Art has a double face, of expression and illusion."

-- Publilius Syrus



Self portrait 11-19-13

"Look in the mirror. 
The face that pins you with its double gaze 
reveals a chastening secret."

-- Diane Ackerman


Pin Art pinscreen Medusa face 11-19-13

I have a new toy.

Well, it's not actually mine. It's Leo's. But he let me borrow it.

He "bought" it on Sunday with game tickets at the Dave&Busters arcade store.

And O.K., I might have leaned on him a little bit to choose this particular item over the hundreds of other tempting choices. But he was an easy target. As soon as I said "If you get this, I could make a face with it," I had him.

He's a good boy.

It's a Pin Art pinscreen toy, one of those Lucite boxes crowded with rows and rows of tiny pins, that you can use to make an impression of just about anything that fits onto it's 8x5-inch surface.

And because I am having so much fun playing with it, I made two faces today. I couldn't choose just one, so that means ...

Ding! Ding! Ding!

It's "Twofer Tuesday" at A Face A Day!!!

(Oh, yeah. Leo also let me borrow his balsa wood skeleton for the Medusa face. This kid has the best stuff. To show my appreciation, I gave his skeleton a little mustache before I put it back.)