Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Indigo ... indigoing ... indigone


"You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap."

-- Dolly Parton


Self portrait 11-5-13

Self portrait (2) 11-5-13



"Existence is a 
strange bargain.
Life owes us little; 
we owe it everything.
The only true happiness comes from
squandering ourselves 
for a purpose."

-- William Cowper















Sacre bleu!

My local Target store was clearing out all of its Halloween merchandise for super-low prices. Everything was 70 percent off. Everything must go!

I guess it's their Halloween version of Black Friday. So, technically, it would probably be orange and black Friday.

Whatever. All I know is I got some sweet day-after Halloween bargains.

Like 11 packs of little glow-in-the-dark rubber snakes, regularly $1, for 30 cents each.

And a terrible, super itchy Mohawk wig that sheds like crazy, for 70 percent off.

And two tubes of face paint, one blue, one black, for 60 cents.

And eight sets of glow-in-the-dark vampire teeth for 4 cents each.

And five packs of self adhesive eyebrows (three pairs per pack) for 30 cents each. That's a low, low price of 10 cents a pair, or 5 cents an eyebrow! They were practically giving the stuff away.

Some folks might stash away all their post-Halloween bargains and save them for next Fall. These are the same folks who take away their kids' trick or treat loot and ration it back to them one piece at a time for the next 6 months.

Screw those folks.

I like to indulge.  I like to eat all of my candy as soon as possible, and I like to bust out my Halloween costume bargains a full year in advance. Squander it. Use it up. Because what if I die before next Halloween? That'd just be a waste of good eyebrows and face paint.

For today's face, I used two sets of the eyebrows (one set as sideburns, because self-adhesive eyebrows are versatile like that, and at 5 cents a brow, why not splurge?) and some of my new blue paint to give myself a nifty blue beard.

Why?

Because I have a daily blog to keep up, and 365 faces to generate before the year is out, that's why.

What did you do today?

"Out on the blue sea I sailed a blue ship.
I had a first mate that always had blue lips.
His name was Bluebeard. He had a weird twitch.
We flew a blue flag up on a big stick.
And we ate bluegill and we ate blue chips.
Oh, I felt real blue eating that blue fish.
Because there ain't much that I won't do unless it
keeps me from being true blue."

-- Bright Eyes, "True Blue"