Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Death becomes her


Rory:  "So what do you think?"
Dean:  "I think you look like a cotton ball."
Rory:  "Why, thank you, Jeeves."
Dean:  "But a really cute cotton ball."

-- Gilmore Girls, 
Season 2 Episode 6: "Presenting Lorelai Gilmore"



Cotton ball skull face with black eyeliner 11-13-13


"She has enough black eyeliner on to outline a corpse,
and her skin's so pale she looks like she's just broken dawn."

-- John Green, Will Grayson, Will Grayson




Sometimes inspiration comes in everyday places. The bathroom, for instance.

I was putting on makeup when I noticed a couple of Q-tips on the sink edge, forming an X. They looked like crossbones, so I popped a cotton ball next to them and, well.

I don't know about you, but I suck at applying liquid eyeliner. I've never been good at it. I get it everywhere but where it's supposed to go. I usually end up using a Q-tip to erase my mistakes, which usually just smudges them even more, making the whole thing worse. So in addition to this being a super cute puffball skull face, it is also my commentary on how I feel about liquid eyeliner.