Friday, November 22, 2013

Take that, motherclucker!


"If I didn't start painting, I would have raised chickens."

-- Grandma Moses

Chicken face 11-22-13


"Noise proves nothing.
Often a hen who has merely laid an egg
cackles as if she laid an asteroid."

-- Mark Twain


Chickens 11-22-13







"I was eating in a Chinese restaurant downtown. 
There was a dish called Mother and Child Reunion. 
It's chicken and eggs. And I said, I gotta use that one."

-- Paul Simon



Tired of my own face, I decided to spend my afternoon on a face-hunt looking for new material.
I went to the pet store, and stopped at a farm with chickens, goats, a stand-offish sheep and an extremely attention-starved cat that kept winding itself around my legs and trying to get all up in between me and my camera. Anyway, in spite of interference from the cat, the outing was a success -- it got me out of the house, and I have these lovely ladies to thank for it.