Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Soldier on



"Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world
which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime,
and falling in at night.
I miss you like hell."

-- Edna St. Vincent Millay, Letters



"Soldier on," 11-26-13


"What's broken is broken --
and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best
than mend it and see the broken places as long as I live."

-- Margaret Mitchell, Gone With the Wind



"Soldier on (2)," 11-26-13 

"How badly is it broken?"
"It's in a million little pieces."
"I'm afraid I can't help you."
"Why?"
"There's nothing you can do."
"Why?"
"It can't be fixed."
"Why?"
"It's broken beyond repair. It's in a million little pieces."

-- James Frey, A Million Little Pieces

"If all else perished, and he remained,
I should still continue to be;
and if all else remained, and he were annihilated,
the universe would turn to a mighty stranger."

-- Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights