Saturday, October 19, 2013

Nice wig, Janis. What's it made of?


"Medusa is your mom?" he asked.
 "Dude, that sucks for you."

-- Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena


Self portrait 10-19-13

"Naturally curly hair is a curse, and don't ever let anyone tell you different."

-- Mary Ann Shaffer, 
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society




"She's fabulous, but she's evil."

-- Mean Girls


"Versace, Versace, Medusa head on me like I'm 'Luminati."

-- Drake, "Versace"



In my dual-purpose quest to come up with an October full of "disguise" faces, and come up with a good Halloween costume, I made myself this neat Medusa wig out of rubber snakes from the toy store!

Mad props to the nice clerk at my local Toys R Us, who helped me dig out all of the snakes they had in the way back on the bottom shelf of the store's "dollar deals" section.