Sunday, October 6, 2013

Cheap entertainment


"This mug of mine is as plain as a barn door. 
Why should people pay 35 cents to look at it."

-- Spencer Tracy

Self portrait 10-6-13

I bought this nifty paper eye mask at the costume/party store for 35 cents.

I had my son Sam as a designated driver, so I wore my new mask out of the store and kept it on in the car.

I wore my new mask while I ordered my triple decaf Americano at the Starbucks drive thru.

There is a cute little barista there named Allie who we always give a little gift after we visit the costume/party store. Once we gave her a balloon with a bunny face on it. Another time we gave her a paper camouflage mask. This time, we gave her a zombie finger puppet. (3 guesses what tomorrow's face is!) We also gave a zombie finger puppet to our other favorite barista, Terri, who said we made her day.

Yay! Making someone's day feels super-terrific. And it doesn't have to cost a lot of money. And it doesn't have to be anything monumental or heroic or expensive.

For pennies, you can brighten someone's dreary, rainy afternoon.

So go ahead and do your part to make the world a happier place.

Put on a paper skull and eyeballs mask, get out there and give away some zombie finger puppets.